From his stomach to his back, he did. It's kind of early for him to be rolling regularly and efficiently, which he's not. We think The Roll was more out of frustration with us not flipping him from front to back than it was from sheer determination to see us clap and cheer like, well like goofy parents. And that's what we did.
I've said a few times now that being a parent and having a baby have found me doing things that I never otherwise would. You know, in the Old Normal. This is the New Normal. I'm not talking about the standard things like diaper changing and spit wiping. I mean such activities as marching around the living room couch Andrew in hand chanting "what's the matter" repeatedly. Or, Laura employing the Drop Out calming technique where she is again marching around the kitchen island while doing half squats/ knee drops with every third step. These are the weird things that no one and no book will tell you that "you'll be doing this in a matter of months". These are the actions you find on your own in spits of, not desperation so much as a sincere desire for your child to be calm and happy. Happy babies equals happy parents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
love the writing man, keep it coming
ReplyDelete