So this is it. A blog of Andrew where those interested can check in, read stories, see pictures, and be connected from far and wide.
It is also my first blogging experience, so please excuse my lack of blogging etiquette. If such a thing exists I'm not even sure.
It's fair to say, and a little understated, that Laura and I are totally blown away by everything that Andrew does. We have not reached the point where we can't imagine not having a child of our own, but I can say that in a strange way it feels completely normal- even from the first minutes of his birth. I know, you that don't have kids are thinking that I'm full of it and this is just something that parents say to make them feel more normal under abnormal situations. And, you that have kids know exactly what I mean. It really is crazy. One second you are a normal person, and the next second BAM, you are a parent. This child will rely on you for almost everything for hopefully no more than eighteen years. Though I hear that twenty eight is the new eighteen. We'll see.
This is not to say that we have it all figured out at all. We feel pretty comfortable with the whole parenting thing, but it's more a fly by night operation at this point. I can say with confidence though that Laura is an amazing mom. She has the soft knowledge of what to do in almost all the situations that we have faced so far. Her love and devotion for Andrew and his wellbeing are matched only by her lack of sleep. She is, without a doubt, a Mother in the best sense.
Enough about us. What about the kid? Well, he said his first word today, and that was "daddy". Yeah, like you I was blown away too. He isn't eight weeks old and can already pick my out of a crowd by name! Well maybe not, but his is smiling a lot, and it's the smiles that originate from thought, or though it seems. He smiles when we interact in a way that only a goofy parent (or grandparent) would ever think of doing to a child that is their own. I don't imagine myself talking the way I do to Andrew to any other human, ever (subsequent babies of mine excluded of course).
He's got other tricks, too like standing on laps, holding fingers, staring out of windows, and sleeping for almost six hours a night. Seriously, I hear that's really good. He is the man, for sure.
We'll try to get more words to page soon, and pictures galore. I expect the stories to get better with time as he begins to develop into the smart ass that I think he will be. Either way it should be interesting.
Much love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment